Tuesday 16 February 2010

Movie Review: Gone with the Wind

Hello everybody! As I'm on holidays and I've been travelling with my family a lot, I haven't been able to post. But here I am again, and this time I want to share with you my opinion on the movie Gone with the Wind.

The movie is about a 16 year old girl, Scarlett O' Hara, who lives in her big house called Tara with her family. She's in love with her neighbour Ashley Wilkes, but he loves his cousin Melanie. Scarlett doesn't care about this. Meanwhile she meets the handsome Rhett Butler, who is in love with Scarlett.
Then, the Civil War starts. Tara survives from the attacks of the yankees, but Scarlett will have to work very hard to make Tara the way it was before the war. Her mother and her father die, so she has to do all the work alone, and has to be brave and take a lot of decisions.
Then she marries Rhett Butler, but she's is still in love with Ashley. At the end, when Melanie dies, she understands Ashley will always love Melanie and not her, and that the man Scarlett really loves is Rhett. But he decides to leave her with a very famous quote: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

I really loved the movie. Vivien Leigh's absolutely beautiful, and Clark Gable is very handsome! A must see movie!
What's your opinion? Have you seen it?
Love,
Stephie.


Photo by: Annie Warhol

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Stephie!
Thanks for commenting on my blog! Gone with the Wind seems like a good movie, a lot of things happening.

Bye,
Caroline☺

Dominique said...

Hi Stephie!
'Gone with the Wind' looks like a good movie. I'll admit I have never seen it, but I have heard about it a little before, and your post has now made me understand more.
I think that is great you are learning three languages, I'm sad to say currently I am only learning French, all though I do know a little German. I really want to commend you and Priscilla for your English skills, you guys are fantastic at English! I wish I was that fluent in French....
Good luck in your language studies too.
Hugs,
Dominique

Dominique said...

Hello again!
I also will be learning Latin next year in 9th grade because the high school that I got accepted into requires we learn Latin, in addition to French or Spanish....
Hugs,
Dominique

Dominique said...

Hi Stephie!
I think Latin, being the basis of many languages, will help with French and Spanish. And I have traveled to Germany and France.
Love,
Dominique

Allegra said...

Hi Stephie,
Thanks for the comment on my blog! 'Gone With the Wind' is a real classic, but I have to admit I haven't seen it. I really want to though!
Keep in touch,
Allegra